Call Us Toll-Free: 1 (888) 819-7917
AzRHA's Quality and Operational Standards
Each member housing location is inspected annually to ensure full compliance the below set of standards.
Safety and Health Standards
- Smoke alarms installed in every room.
- Fire evacuation maps posted in conspicuous locations throughout the home.
- Currently tagged fire extinguishers in kitchen and dining areas.
- Maintain clean, cosmetically maintained, and debris free yards, living areas, bedrooms, and driveways.
- OSHA approved extension cords and GFI plugs in bathrooms, kitchen, and pool areas as required.
- Emergency contact information posted in conspicuous location.
- Five residents maximum per properly operating bathroom, excluding one staff member.
- Attic access clear of debris.
- Motor vehicles stored per City Code.
- Properly inspected and operational heating and cooling systems.
- Fully functional and clean kitchen and bathrooms.
- Adequate food storage space for residents.
- Property address clearly visible on property.
- Proper disposal areas for cigarettes.
- No open flames, no fire hazards, smoke free environment.
Operations and Management Standards
- ** All program policy documents should be stored in a binder that allows residents to easily access program rules and policies.**
- Clearly defined written policies, rules, and regulations, copies provided prior to inspection.
- Clearly defined written consequences for infractions of program policies, rules, and regulations, copies provided prior to inspection.
- Written non-discrimination policy, copies provided prior to inspection.
- Clearly defined written grievance procedure policy, copies provided prior to inspection.
- Clearly defined written discharge policy, copies provided prior to inspection.
- Program is able to articulate disposal methods for illegal drugs/medications on property.
- House rules and regulations are posted in conspicuous location.
- Program conducts random urine testing and breathalyzer tests.
- Participants are required to attend 12 Step or other comparable recovery program.
- Program holds, at minimum, weekly mandatory participant meetings.
- Recovery resource material is available to participants.
- Program maintains personal information for each participant, example provided prior to inspection.
- Program staff conducts regular internal safety and health inspections with a checklist being completed and stored for future reference, example provided prior to inspection.
- Program provides intake orientation and subsequent reviews.
- Program has a sign in/out board to track participants and registers all guests.
- Program is able to articulate minimum sober time required for staff and articulate training/support offered to staff to ensure he/she is capable of managing house.
- Management and house leaders sign and abide by a code of ethics.
- Program is in compliance with the Federal Fair Housing Act.
- First aid kit is provided and easily accessible.